Saturday, November 6, 2010

broken hearted

I met a lovely man that advertised for a long term relationship. I did not reply to his but vica versa. I answered his email on the 25th May 01 and after swapping stories we swapped mobile numbers and we spent one weekend sending love messages to each other, then on Monday last week he phoned me and we spoke for the first time. He told me he loved me, I was what he was looking for etc. Things became very intense, he even planted red roses in his garden, neither of us could sleep, we were emailing, texting and talking over the phone constantly.

Then we decided to meet for lunch. He met me at the railway station holding a dozen red roses in his hands. He also gave me a single white rose in a gold box - romance was in the air. On meeting we felt that we already knew each other, and although we were both nervous we enjoyed each others company. He started making plans for the future and I foolishly listened.

After such a lovely day we both went home to our own children . He has 6 of them and they all live at home. His ex-wife left to go and find herself in Africa, but that was only 2 years ago.

Two days later after very little contact I knew something was wrong, he text me to say he would email me on the Monday and I knew then that it was over before it had begun. And sure enough Monday morning the 'dear John' was waiting for me. He did not want to continue with the relationship as he was not ready and felt like he was drowning, he blamed me I did nothing he did all the chasing. I was heart broken and could not believe a human being who is suppose to be kind, caring etc. could treat me that way. I cried for three days after, I threw out the flowers he gave me, and I could not sleep. I was in shock. I could not understand why he emailed me in the first place if his intentions were not honest. So let other ladies be aware, do not be fooled by 'knights in shining armour' who fall in love with you before they meet you. The feeling I had was so bad I decided that no more did I want to know any men, but surely there are decent men out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers